NAVASCO Students Back to School

Final-year students of the Navrongo Senior High School (SHS) in the Upper East Region, who were sacked from the school for misconduct, have been given another opportunity to come back to the school after they re-applied.

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017, the school’s authorities, with the backing of the Kassena-Nankana Municipal Directorate of the Ghana Education Service (GES), sacked over 300 final-year students from the school after they misbehaved.

With the exception of the school prefects, no final student was allowed to stay on campus to learn.

Some students, who spoke to DAILY GUIDE on their ‘first’ day on campus, said it was a bad experience.



“We were supposed to be on campus learning, but because of what happened, we had to search for accommodation outside campus. Even the food to eat to be able to go round for shelter or even learn was a problem. It will affect many students who are preparing for WASSCE. If I had known that life outside campus would be difficult, I would have begged to be allowed to also stay like the prefects. I am sure in our absence they had our masters to teach them, as for us, we couldn’t even learn,” a male student said.

The final-year students are returning to the school after news broke that some five affected female students had been raped by boys in a village where they had gone to settle temporarily.

There were also reports that one of the female students, who could not withstand the abuse, had attempted to commit suicide but was saved by some colleagues.

School authorities could not confirm the rape cases, because the students were not on campus, but gave assurance that they would conduct thorough investigation.

Others believe reports of rape and suicide were fabricated by some of students to win the sympathy of the school’s authorities and Kassena-Nankana Municipal Directorate of the GES.

From: Ebo Bruce-Quansah, Navrongo

 

 

 

 

Source: GhanaGuru.com

You might also like More from author

Leave a comment